Maury River Senior Center
Center Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Downloads: Activities Calendar | Lunch Menu
- A major milestone will be marked, when Maury River Senior Center celebrates its 10th Anniversary, with daily Open Houses from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. throughout the week of May 18 to May 22nd. The Center has been a vital resource for thousands of seniors who wanted a place to connect with people close to their age.
- Over 65 performers, members, staff and community friends attended Mrs. C’s Pickers and Singers Annual Gospel Concert on April 24 at the Maury River Senior Center.
- Maury River Senior Center will be closing at 12 pm on Feb.16 due to snow . We were able to deliver 55 meals before the snow started. The center will also be closed on Feb.17 due to snow and possible hazardous conditions. - Monthly Buena Vista, Lexington, Rockbridge County MIS schedule beginning January 2014.
- This year, the volunteers who deliver Meals on Wheels to homebound seniors have been nominated for a People’s Choice award. Whether or not they receive the largest number of votes, this dedicated group is a true winner.
- Retirees who are receiving Social Security and Medicare benefits will have a little more in their checks, starting in January. The Social Security Administration announced adjustments for 2014 on Oct. 30.
- Maury River Senior Center has a new Center Director, effective October 1. Jonni Lyle is now the MRSC Center Director. Lyle joined the Center’s staff more than four years ago, and has been performing many of the Director’s duties in her role as Administrative Specialist.
- Maury River Senior Center will host a Senior Resource Fair on Buena Vista’s Mountain Day, Saturday, October 12, from 10:00am until 2:00pm. - Maury River Senior Center, in conjunction with the Buena Vista CVS/pharmacy, will offer a flu shot clinic on Friday, November 8, from 10am until noon. Flu shots will be available for any adult, but those wishing to receive the vaccine must register in person at MRSC by Friday, November 1.